A state describes the machine’s status or mode, which could be as simple as Paused and Playing. A state machine can only be in one state at a time.
View this machine in the Stately Studio.
These states are “finite”; the machine can only move through the states you’ve pre-defined.
Create a state
- Select your machine or an existing state.
- Create a new state inside your machine or existing state:
- Use the + State button that appears above the selected state, or:
- Drag from the handles on the left, right and bottom sides of the selected state, and release to create a connecting transition, event and new state.
- Double-click inside your machine or an existing state.