A history state returns the parent state to its most recently active child state. The box with an H inside represents the history state.
The history state can be deep or shallow:
- A shallow history state remembers the immediate child’s state.
- A deep history state remembers the deepest active state or states inside its child states.
Make a state a history state
First, select the state you want to set as a history state for the parent state. Then…
Using the quick actions menu
- Right-click the state to bring up the quick actions menu.
- Choose History from the Type options.
Using the State details panel
- Select the state you want to set as the final state.
- Open the State details panel from the right tool menu.
- Choose History from the Type dropdown menu.
- Use the History toggle that appears when the state has a History Type to choose between Shallow and Deep history options.